Wednesday 10 March 2010

About The Song




In 2009, a 1976 video of Khil singing a vocalise I am very glad, because I’m finally going home (Я очень рад, ведь я, наконец, возвращаюсь домой) was uploaded to YouTube,[2] and quickly became an Internet meme[1] known as "Trololololololololololo." It appeared on some sites on February 21, 2010,[3][4] and was popularized on March 3 in The Colbert Report.[5] The song itself was written by Arkady Ostrovsky, and was also performed by Valery Obodzinsky[6][7] and by Muslim Magomayev on Little Blue Light.[8]

I haven't heard anything about it. It's nice, of course!

Thereby hangs a tale about this song. Lyrics were written for it, but they were poor. I mean, they were good, but one couldn't publish them at that time. They contained words like these: "I'm riding my stallion, so-and-so mustang, and my beloved Mary is thousand miles away knitting a stocking for me". Of course, we failed to publish it at that time, and we, Arkady Ostrovsky and I, decided to make it a vocalise. But the essence remained in the title. Yes, it's a little prankish – it has no lyrics, so we had to make up something for people would listen to it, and so there was an interesting arrangement.
—Eduard Khil, LIfe News (Russian)

No comments:

Post a Comment